MD H2E serves as a resource to hospitals, healthcare workers, non-profit organizations, government agencies and others interested in advancing a culture of environmental health and sustainability in Maryland. MD H2E staff are subject matter experts on sustainable hospital operations and sustainable food procurement. We also serve as a networking hub for peers. Here are just a few examples of what we do:
- Awareness: Share up-to-date ideas, stories and trends via email, newsletter, website updates, social media and educational events.
- Case studies: Highlight innovative environmental health and sustainability initiatives.
- Awards: Recognize Maryland hospitals that exemplify sustainable culture and innovation.
- Technical Assistance: Conduct on site visits for audits, present at green team meetings and consultation services.
- Networking: Share best practices with peers across the region.
- Campaigns: Organize national, regional and local campaigns.
- Facilitation: Maryland Health Care Sustainability Leadership Council and the Chesapeake Food Leadership Council
- Connect: Link product and service providers to health care professionals.
- Local: Located in the Baltimore region with national reach.